Welcoming Our New Work Experience Student! 👋
Over the week, both will have the opportunity to learn about the world of Mechanical & Electrical, Energy & Carbon reduction & Facilities Management services along with elements of Net Zero and sustainability.
In their week with us, both will undertake an array of activities including:
- Shadowing our technicians and engineers during site visits and maintenance work.
- Assisting with key projects and tasks relevant to their education like data analysis, report creation, and more.
- Attending department meetings to gain insights into our operations.
- Speaking with team members across various roles to learn about all the career paths in our industry.
- We’re committed to inspiring and developing the next generation of construction professionals. This program gives students hands-on experience in the field so they can determine if it’s the right career path for them.
While, Daniel learned about our organizational structure along with the roles and responsibilities across departments like Accounting, Marketing, Estimating and Facilities Management. He gained hands-on experience working on tasks like assisting the Facilities Management team and learning about our clients and various services that are provided under FM.Helping the estimating team compile project specs and
contributing to marketing assets and content.
Kyle learned Estimating, Project Management and Health and Safety skills including asbestos awareness. We were also able to give Kyle the opportunity to visit two of our Edinburgh Office Fit-Out sites. He learned about how to assess the risks with visiting sites and helped to compile a young person’s risk assessment.
Please join us in giving both a warm welcome! We’re looking forward to helping them develop new skills and knowledge during their time with AMD Environmental.
We wish both all the best with their future endeavours!